Powered by Blogger.
RSS

A IS FOR ASPARAGUS BAKED EGGS

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I'm a time filler.  If I have a spare moment, I'm filling it with something. Shooting, writing, reading, editing; I get antsy and pack my schedule and then wonder why I'm constantly stressed out.  It's strange what we do to ourselves.

This recipe is the start of one such "time filling" project.   Feeling guilty that I hadn't been updating the blog with the frequency I'd like to, I came up with a plan to keep me busy and the blog thriving: cooking through the alphabet.  There's 26 letters, so that's 26 recipes to create and 26 videos to shoot and edit. We'll see how far I get, but I've shot up to C, so I'm feeling pretty optimistic.

To kick off the alphabet, I have Asparagus Baked Eggs with Parmiggiano and Bread Crumbs.  Served with a crusty piece of grilled bread this is a quick yet sophisticated breakfast, or even a hurried dinner. Now pardon me as I dip into this golden gooey yolk.




Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Asparagus Baked Eggs

For 1

3 small asparagus stalks (not the jumbo thick ones)
1 egg
1 tablespoon parm
1 tablespoon breadcrumbs
2 tablespoons cream
Salt and Pepper
Grilled Bread
Butter

Preheat oven to Broil. In a buttered ramekin lay the asparagus stalks (if you are using a round ramekin, just chop the asparagus into 1 1/2 inch segments). Crack the egg on top and drizzle with cream.  Sprinkle with salt, pepper, parm, and breadcrumbs.  Broil for 5 minutes until the  whites are set and the yolk is runny.  Serve with grilled bread for dipping. Enjoy!

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS